Become part of an international learning community—join teaching colleagues in Sierra Leone, West Africa for 16 days of building connections, understanding, and awareness.
CAUSE Canada is looking for Canadian educators interested in organizing the Canadian end of this trip for themselves and their peers. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest.
OUR VISION FOR THE TRIP INCLUDES:
- Building Capacity | Sharing professional development workshops with Sierra Leonean teachers.
- Creating Understanding | experiencing the Sierra Leonean classroom.
- Discovering CAUSE Canada projects | visiting CAUSE Kids Schools and learning about complimentary programs.
- Experiencing West Africa | exploring the people and their way of life in Sierra Leone.
- Bringing it Home | engaging Canadian classrooms in global citizenship and social responsibility.
- Enhancing the Social Studies Curriculum | addressing the global strands of provincial Social Studies Curricula, i.e. the ‘Global Connections’ Strand of the Alberta Social Studies Curriculum.
- Approximately $4,550 CDN/person (includes return flight from Canada-Sierra Leone, cancellation/interruption insurance, all accommodation, local transport/ drivers, activity fees, CAUSE Canada staff preparation/accompaniment and most meals).
- A significant portion of costs (approximately $4,418 CDN) is tax deductible.
- Cost is based on 7 participants and does not include visa, hotel and meals in London, meals in Freetown, required vaccinations or travel health insurance.
- Teachers may be eligible to apply for partial funding through their local associations and/or federations.
Details for Alberta Teachers
Details for Ontario Teachers
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested.
There are only 7 spaces available for the Building Bridges trip. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-678-3332 if you want to take advantage of this amazing opportunity!