CAUSE Canada is a Christian-motivated international development and relief organization. Originally incorporated as a Canadian charitable organization in 1984, CAUSE Canada focuses its field operations in West Africa and Central America (see our website: www.cause.ca).
The Finance Manager provides operational support to the overall organization in Calgary, Canada. The Finance Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and directly assists on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, and the securing of new funding. This position is 1.0 FTE (37.5 hrs/5 days per week).
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage financial activities for operations in Canada and units in CAUSE Canada’s field offices.
- Provide financial reporting on all organizational activities.
- Ensure documentations are available for External Annual Audit.
Oversee finance departments in Canada, Sierra Leone, Guatemala, and Honduras
- Train and monitor the Finance Units on financial management matters.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved before disbursement. All purchases of assets must pass independent and governmental audits.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and oversee financial aspects of all programs in Canada and overseas.
- Oversee the coordination and activities of external auditors ensuring compliance with provincial and federal laws.
Fiscal reporting activities for the organization
- Ensure that reporting requirements as directed by Board, Executive Director and funders are met as per contract requirements.
- Generate monthly reports including reconciliations with funders, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Audit/Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Provide the Executive Director with an operating budget. Work with the Program Directors and Managers to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP.
Day-to-day financial management.
- Work closely with the Executive Director in preparation of financial budgets for all new proposals and projects.
- Assist in developing projections and cashflow for ongoing contracts; advise on financial matters including proposed program budgets.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants. Monitor banking activities of the organization.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including assets purchased with government funds (computers, etc.) assuring all are in accordance with federal regulations and GAAC.
Qualification , Skills and Experience Required:
- University degree: Completion of a bachelor's degree in Business or Finance at an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience. Certified CA, CMA or CGA is preferred.
- Experienced in not-for-profit accounting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to work within a Christian framework and sensitivity to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
- Commitment to CAUSE Canada’s mission, vision and strategy.
- Five years of financial experience and management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of an organization.
- Proficiency in general office software, particularly the Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks and MIP software (or other similar not-for-profit general ledger software) and use of databases.
- Fluency in Spanish is highly desirable.
- Willingness to travel outside Canada at least twice a year. Flexibility to travel and work onsite.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position will remain open until filled. No phone calls please.